‘The only time that is yours is Present’. But many of us realize this when already a lot of time is wasted. A lot of people try to be busy without business and such people who pretend to be busy are the worst offenders of time. Time is the most precious asset that all of us have so it is very important that we utilize it efficiently.
Time Management is one thing that can help you lead a successful life. Time plays a crucial role in our work life and personal life. Therefore it becomes all the more important to know how to manage it effectively.
Here are some tips on time management:
1. Set SMART goals– Always set Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Rewarding and Timely goals i.e. SMART goals.
2. Know your priorities– If you are aware of your priorities, you shall do them first and the trivial shall follow. You can make a To Do List and then see which tasks should be given priority.
3. Plan your actions– Planning stimulates your brain and thus it comes up with more efficient ideas so it becomes necessary to plans the actions for your goals.
4. Lesser the time, greater is the work done– Always set a predefined time for achieving your goals because when you have a time constraint, you tend to better and more work.
5. Analyze how you spent your time– After a week or some time, just analyse how you spent your time and you would be able to make the necessary change in utilizing your time in a better way next week.
6. Multi-tasking– It is an age of multi-tasking so whenever or wherever possible try to do multi tasks at a time. (Like while traveling plan, read or make calls).
7. Organize yourself– If you have a well organized workplace, lesser time would be wasted in looking out for things or searching the documents and files.
8. Delegation– Learn the art of delegating the trivial tasks to the sub-ordinates so that you get ample time to be devoted to more important tasks.
9. Learn to say NO– If you have your work pending as per the pre defined time then just say no to all other activities which are of lesser importance.
10. Urgent or Important– Know the difference between urgent and important. Important tasks are those that give you long term progress. Urgent tasks are those that should be done right away.
Follow these tips and you would be more productive. You can also see the book ‘Positive attitude Rules on Time Management’ by Mr. Anurag Aggarwal for more tips on time management or you can visit http://anuragaggarwal.com/goal_setting.php
Here at ANURAG AGGARWAL INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC SPEAKING you can learn more Time Management Skills through their courses. Also there is public speaking, personality development and presentation skills course, course on management skills, inter-personal skills, leadership skills and English speaking. The classes are held in Delhi (North, South, East, West and Central), Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Noida. For more details on courses visit http://www.anuragaggarwal.com or call Nupur at +91-9971776852.